Glen Johnson discharged from hospital

Glen Johnson has been discharged from hospital after undergoing scans on the injury that kept him out of Liverpool's 2-0 defeat at Arsenal. The full-back complained of severe pain on the right side of his face and jaw shortly before the Premier League clash was due to kick off and was taken to hospital for tests.Initial scans indicated a localised infection but the England international was allowed to return home on Saturday evening...

Several clubs want Banega -Agent

Ever Banega's agent plans to meet with Valencia's directors in the coming days as several club have expressed an interest in signing the Argentine.The 25-year-old midfielder has been at Mestalla since 2008 and stated before the season began that he was determined to repay los Che for standing by him during some difficult times off the field in recent seasons.However, Banega's representative, Marcelo Simonian, has now revealed...

Says Courtois: My future's in Chelsea's hands

Thibaut Courtois has stressed that he does not know whether he will play for Atletico Madrid again next season as Chelsea have the final say on his future.The Belgium international is on loan at the Vicente Calderon side until the end of the season after previously spending the 2011-12 and 2012-13 campaigns at the club, but no decision has been made about whether he will play away from Stamford Bridge again next term.We...

BREAKING NEWS: Klopp signs Dortmund extension until 2018

Borussia Dortmund have announced on their official website that they have reached an agreement with Jurgen Klopp over a new contract until the summer of 2018.The 46-year-old's previous deal with the Bundesliga giants was due to expire in June 2016 and a number of clubs were supposedly closely monitoring Klopp's situation at BVB.However, he has now ended all speculation about his future by signing for two additional seasons.It's an...

Samuel delighted with Inter return

Inter defender Walter Samuel has voiced his delight with his return to match action in Tuesday's 1-1 Serie A draw against Atalanta after a lengthy spell on the sidelines due to injury.The 35-year-old had been out of action since April due to an Achilles tendon problem, but featured for the full 90 minutes against the Bergamo side.I'm back on the pitch at last, Samuel was quoted as saying on the official Inter website.It...

Says Kehl: Dortmund deserved more Ballon d'Or nominations

Borussia Dortmund captain Sebastian Kehl feels the Bundesliga side deserved more recognition by the Fifa Ballon d'Or judges.Jurgen Klopp's side were represented only by Poland international Robert Lewandowski on the 23-man shortlist and Kehl believes more of his team-mates should be in the running for the prestigious individual award.First of all, I haven't seen the entire list yet, so for me it's a new situation. But I would have...

Neymar enthused by great Clasico debut

Barcelona star Neymar enjoyed his Clasico bow after his strike helped his side to a 2-1 victory against Real Madrid on Saturday.The Brazilian prodigy was the subject of a tug of war between the two arch-rivals over the summer, before eventually deciding on a €57 million switch to Camp Nou.And, after netting the opener in his first appearance against los Blancos, the 21-year-old expressed his delight at how well his...

Moyes delighted with De Gea display against Stoke

David Moyes heaped praise on goalkeeper David de Gea for his performance in Manchester United's 3-2 win over Stoke at Old Trafford. The Red Devils were facing the possibility of a third Premier League home match in a row without victory on Saturday, as a close-range Peter Crouch effort and Marko Arnautovic's superb free-kick helped the Potters into a 2-1 lead. Stoke could have been out of sight as Crouch and Jonathan...

Says Figo: Quitting Barcelona for Real Madrid was easy

Luis Figo has claimed that he did not think twice in his decision to leave Barcelona for Real Madrid in 2000.The former Portugal international infuriated the Blaugrana supporters when he elected to swap the Catalans for their arch-rivals for a then world-record fee of €62 million, culminating in one fan hurling a severed pig's head in his direction on his return to Catalunya in 2002.Despite the sensitivity of...

Mandanda admits interest in Barcelona move

Olympique de Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda has expressed his interest in joining Barcelona. Current Blaugrana No.1 Victor Valdes has already confirmed his intention to quit Camp Nou when his contract with the Catalans expires at the end of the season. The Liga champions have not yet been linked with Mandanda but the France international has confessed that if Barca did come calling, he would find it difficult...